Fall and Winter in Sauble Beach
Many of our shops and services are open year round, catering to hearty winter enthusiasts. We have excellent cross country ski trails, hundreds of kilometres of snowmobile trails, and close proximity to ice fishing, downhill skiing and so much more. And don't forget Wiarton Willie, our very own world-famous weather prognosticator, is right in our backyard! Join us every year for our Wiarton Willie Festival. And take advantage of the fun winter activities listed below.
- Participate in Sauble Beach’s Annual Winterfest Weekend in January. Click here to learn more.
- Sauble Beach has some of the best snowmobiling trails in Ontario. Hook your sled to your car and snowmobile with the Sno-Riders Club.
- Cross country ski through through the beautiful Sauble Beach countryside on well-groomed trails.
- Snow shoeing is offered at various locations in the area.
- Fall fairs are a Canadian tradition throughout September.
- Pumpkinfest is a great way to get ready for Halloween, every October in Port Elgin.
- Studio tours along the Huron coastline, experiencing the area's incredible talent.
- Wiarton Willie is a February tradition. Learn first-hand whether or not spring will come early.
- Ice fishing at the Sauble Falls and many small inland lakes surrounding Sauble Beach.
- Try the Singing Dogs sled adventure.
- Tobogganing at the Sauble Beach Community Centre!
- Skating on local ponds and at indoor rinks throughout the area.
- Curling at many of the local clubs just minutes from Sauble Beach.
Open to all ages, you can make your own fused glass creation including wind chimes, sun catchers, pendants, earrings, key chains and more. Glass in Motion is located at 7 Second Ave S. in Sauble Beach. (519)422-0269
Open daily Saturday, March 10th to Sunday, March 18th. Giggles Arcade is located at Second Ave North in Sauble Beach
Bruce County Museum and Archives Southampton
Located 10 minutes from Sauble Beach
Amabel-Sauble Community School
Sauble Falls Provincial Park
A nice playground and walkway along the river with some great scenery, but please be safe near the water.
Cross Country Ski and Snow Shoe Trails
Located just north of Sauble Falls on the parkway, is open weather permitting. Snowmobile trails are not open at the present time, due to the weather
Amabel Sauble Child Care Centre
‘Old Fashioned Winter’
Sugar Bush, sleigh ride, snow shoes, bread dough and home made toys. Please call to reserve your child’s spot soon. Will the weather cooperate with our plans? If the snow is a no-show, we will adapt and head in another direction!! Warmer weather will then prevail and lead us into a Hawaiian March Break. Come experience the mystery!! For more information please call 519-422-3611.
- Beachside Cottages 519-422-2059
- Centennial Motel 519-422-1531
- Classic Sauble Cottages 416-888-9380
- Frenchman Bay Cottages 519-422-0620
- Knottie Pine Cottages 905-252-1751
- O'Leary's Beach Retreat 519-422-3552
- Sauble Falls Bed & Breakfast 519-422-3304
- Sauble Life Rentals 519-422-2749
- Sauble River Marina & Lodge Resort 519-422-1762